Deposits, Scheduling Interviews, etc.
Please feel free to compare our prices to any other
responsible breeder. Always do your homework when
interviewing a potential breeder.
Please note: If you plan on contacting us by phone, please do so
AFTER 2:00pm. We are simply too busy with kittens in the morning
to answer the phone. Thanks.
Do you require a down payment?
Most breeders will require some form of a down payment. WilletteRagdol requires a $300* non-refundable deposit per pet kitten and a $500 non-refundable deposit per breeder kitten. This deposit will be deducted from the original balance. Please note that the deposit for kittens in non-refundable. If you change your mind and decide against a kitten, after submitting your deposit, your deposit will not be returned to you. If you change your mind and decide against a kitten after submitting your deposit, your deposit will not be returned to you, but it transferable to another kitten.
Once I send in my down payment, how long is my rate locked in?
Once we receive your down payment, the price of your kitten is locked in for one year. If you decide to "pass" and wait for another kitten, and a year passes, you will be charged the current price.
How much do you charge for your kittens?
Please contact us for the current price of our kittens.
What should I bring with me when I pick up my kitten?
When picking up your new kitten, please bring a suitable carrier for the kitten to travel in safely, along with a soft towel or blanket inside. Also, we request that you bring any balance due (cash only for payment of final balance, please. We no longer accept checks of any kind for final balance payments.) We apologize, for the inconvenience, but we have been burned once or twice, so checks are now only accepted for initial deposits. Your final balance due on kitten pick up day must be cash. Your kitten will be washed, nails clipped, and smelling wonderful when you pick him/her up. All of our kittens are given a "kitty spa day" (bubble bath, nail trim and ears cleaned) before they leave us for their forever home. We spend hundreds of hours on every litter to make the kitten of a lifetime for each of our parents. We socialize a ton. We even sleep with our babies! We really do aim for perfection. There's one more thing you need to bring....a hug! We hug every parent. (You could say we have a hug collection. LOL!)
What constitutes a show quality pet kitten?
Kittens that are show quality are the exact same temperament and premium quality as our non-show quality kittens. The difference between a show quality kitten and a non-show quality kitten is that a show quality kitten meets and/or exceeds Ragdoll breed standards (markings, fur quality, etc.).
Why should I buy a Willetteragdol kitten? Is there anything included with the price of my kitten?
At Willetteragdol, we do not cut corners when it comes to our kittens. Our kittens and cats come first, plain and simple. Included in the cost of your kitten, you will not only receive a healthy, well-socialized, beautiful kitten, you will also receive the following:
• Genetic testing of all of our adult cats.
• First two age appropriate shots, administered by a licensed veterinarian who comes directly to our home and performs a complete physical exam prior to giving and vaccines. Many breeders will perform their own shots for their kittens. We think it is safer to have a trained professional administer their shots. The fact that we can do this in our closed cattery, is a huge plus! (That means your kitten will not have to leave the cattery unless absolutely necessary, which reduces their exposure to illnesses).
• Early Spay/Neuter performed by our wonderful vet!
• A copy of the lab slip proving that your kitten is parasite free. There should be NO NEED to give your kitten de-worming medication. If your vet insists, please ask them to retest your kitten before administering any unnecessary medication.
• A show-quality bath and nail trim before you pick them up.
• We offer optional microchipping which is performed under anesthesia by our surgeon. This is currently optional and is an additional charge. As of January 2021, all Willetteragdol kittens will be microchipped.
• A TICA registration. A three-generation pedigree is also offered for an additional charge of $50. A five-generation pedigree is also available for an additional charge of $75. (both pedigree choices are optional)
• Once you have chosen your kitten, you will receive weekly photos, videos, and updates so you can follow along with your new baby's progress and growth. We love to show them off! They're just too cute!
• First month of pet insurance FREE through Trupanion.
• We will provide you with all feeding information so that you can continue to feed your new baby their current diet. We will also provide you with the type of litter we have found works best with your kitten.
• Our awesome Kitten Take-Home Gift!!! Each kitten receives a made-to-order, handmade, crocheted kitten bed made in your choice of color, courtesy of Auntie Kim's Cat Beds (auntiekimscatbeds.com). Auntie Kim also allows parents of Willetteragol kittens to upgrade the size of their kitten bed at a huge discount, as long as parents contact her before they pick up their kitten, and provide enough time for the bed's creation. These beds are made to order and special just for your new baby. No other cattery in America will send your baby home with one of these wonderful beds.
• Most importantly, your kitten has been socialized to perfection by our family. They even sleep with us! We believe in giving you not just a pet, we want to give you a new member of the family.
• Support for the lifetime of your new kitten! We at Willetteragdol will always be here for you, for the life of your baby. Once you become a Willetteragdol parent, you are one of the family!
When/how can I schedule my interview?
After a phone interview, if we feel that you would be a suitable parent-to-be for one of our kittens, we will schedule your interview with you. All interviews are conducted after 2:00pm. We never conduct interviews prior to 2:00pm as our mornings are spent cleaning and caring for our kitties. We apologize if this is inconvenient, but we simply do not have time in the mornings to conduct interviews.
Do I need to interview if I have already been approved as a parent and want a second, third, or fourth kitten?
Absolutely NOT. You have already been approved and a second interview is not necessary. Approximately 85% of our parents come back for a second, third, or even a fourth kitten. However, if you would like to chat, by all means call us! You can reach us any afternoon between 2-8pm est. We love our extended Willetteragdol family. If you are looking to add another Willetteragdol kitten and have had any changes in contact information or address, please DO call us with that information. Once you've contacted us about an additional kitten, we will then send you a deposit agreement. You MUST contact us before sending in a deposit for another kitten. We will notify you once it has been received.
What kind of guarantee do you offer with your kittens?
WilletteRagdol guarantees the health of our kittens for the first full year of it's life.
All of our cat parents are guaranteed to be free of hereditary defects. We guarantee healthy, happy well-adjusted purring machines!
I put down a deposit and am on the waiting list. If I pass on a kitten or two, and the price increases in the interim, do I still get my kitten for the original, lower price?
If it is within a year of your deposit, then yes. If over a year has passed since your deposit, current prices will apply. Please see our "Willetteragdol Deposit Agreement". We do not raise our prices often, and only when necessary to keep up with rising vet costs, etc. If you are put on our wait list and pass on an available kitten or two, that is your choice. However, we only guarantee the price of your kitten for one year after your deposit is received.
Do you sell Breeder kittens?
Yes. We sell kittens to be used as breeders to approved family breeders who share our values. All of our breeder kittens will be sired by our very own Maurice. Any breeder who wishes to receive a Willetteragdol kitten must be interviewed thoroughly and be approved by Willetteragdol.
Do you give discounts?
No. We do not give discounts. We work very hard to ensure that our kittens are raised in an environment that is clean and conducive to raising healthy, happy, and well-adjusted babies. This takes more time, energy and money than you could ever imagine. Add in to that the cost for vet visits, proper nutritious food and shots, and you'd be shocked to find out how much money we, as breeders, do NOT make.